1 hour ago
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Last week I told y'all about my visit with Dr H. Well today I had my follow-up appointment and I received some good news and some bad news.
The good news first...my liver U/S came back clear. The Radiologist found nothing abnormal and I will have another U/S postpartum. Second, my liver enzymes have come back down! This is a HUGE answer to our prayers since this was the reason I delivered at 36 weeks with Bryson. We are just praying that they will continue to stay down!!! And third, I'm still not dilating!
On to the bad news...I'm still having contractions and cramping even with taking my Procardia. So I've been put on strict orders from the doc to be on bedrest for the next two days. Which means missing two days of work. I had already known that I would be missing Thursday since Dr. H and I decided it would be best for me to take a day off in between my work schedule. But this extra day is not something I expected when I went into the doctor's office today.
She told me that eventually she believes that the cramping and contracting are going to lead to me starting to dilate. Which is NOT something we want at this point considering I'm only 28 weeks. I will go back for another visit in 2 weeks to be checked and also to evaluate if I need to decrease more of my work load.
I am asking for your prayers for the next few months. And specifically that you would pray for the contractions and cramping to stop. Mommy, daddy and Bryson are not quite ready for little brother to make his appearance just yet!
Posted by Jennifer